The Mountain Musher Tour
Imagine the sound of the dogs feet hitting the snow and snow crunching under the runners. Come enjoy the quiet solitude of nature in all its splendor. Only found on a Mountain Musher ride.
Call 970-653-7877 to make a reservation, or fill out our reservation request form here.
We run on a private trail in Wolcott, 10 miles west of Beaver Creek. The sleds will take you through glades of Aspen and Pine trees. We often see wildlife including fox, coyote, deer and elk.
Having a private trail has its advantages. Dogsledding is the only activity that runs at the ranch in the winter.
- Two tours daily, a morning and afternoon.
- We provide transportation to and from the trail.
- Two guests per sled.
- A driver or "musher" stands behind you and controls the team and sled.
- A team of huskies pull the sled.
- Our halfway break gives guests a chance to take some pictures and have some homemade pumpkin bread and hot cocoa.
- Our rides are exciting as the dogs run several parts of the trail and we go up and down a mountain. Most dog sled companies use a flatter trail so the dogs just go at a fast walk through the entire trip.
- We provide warm wool blankets and pillows.
- We run six sleds at a time. With up to sixty dogs on the trail, you are in for a sight to behold and photograph.
- We run a six mile, two hour ride.
- Please, no pregnant women.
- Kids must be at least 4 years old.
- There is a 400 pound weight limit per sled.
One morning and one afternoon tour depart daily. Six sleds go out with each trip. Two people per sled. Age limit is 4 years old. Weight limit is 400 pounds per sled. You will not be allowed on the sleds if you do not meet the weight limit. No exceptions. If you want to have 2 adults and 1 small child or 1 adult and 2 small kids or 3 kids on a sled the third person is charged $50.00 for an add on. It is a 6 mile ride that takes just under 2 hours. We stop at the turnaround area and have a drink and snack which is hot cocoa and homemade pumpkin bread. Guests need to dress for winter conditions. Hat, gloves, goggles, winter boots, ski wear or winter coat. Please, no furs. Because of varying trail conditions we do not take pregnant women.
The cost is $200.00/person with 2 people per sled. If you are a single or have an odd number of people it is $200.00 with us having the option of putting someone with you on the sled. If you want the sled to yourself then it is $400.00. There are no single rates during holidays.
Reservations require a valid e-mail address. Invoices and payment instructions will be sent via e-mail.
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.
We will confirm pick up times 24 hours in advance.
Vail 8:00am pick-up with an 12:00 pm return.
12:15pm pick-up with a 4:15pm return.
Beaver Creek 8:15am pick-up with an 11:45am return
12:30pm pick-up with a 4:00pm return.